This Charter outlines what you can expect from the practice and in return what we expect from you.
What can you expect from us?
You will be treated with respect, and as a partner in your care we will:
• Ensure that patients have 24-hour access to medical advice.
• Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional within 48 hours of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an urgent case, on the same day.
• Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
• Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
• The prevention of disease, illness and injury is our primary concern. The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle.
What do we expect from you?
We respectfully ask that you:
• Let us know if you wish to cancel an appointment or are running late.
• Treat all staff with courtesy and respect.
• Understand that Reception staff may sometimes have to ask personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service.
• Inform the practice staff of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of surname, address or telephone number. This is important for routine matters such as letters and hospital appointments, but particularly if we have to contact you as a matter of urgency.
Our role is to provide health care and empower you to keep yourself healthy and make informed choices about your health. We encourage you to take ownership of your own health and those of your family. In order to do this we may provide you with appropriate health information and advice and at times request your co-operation in the provision of this care.